Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I did it!

Guess what! I got on the scale today and it showed a number, not ERR for error. I was quite pleased with myself. It happens to be the same number I remember seeing on the scale right before Sophie was born. I'm still a little insecure at the moment about revealing that number, but I might change my mind once I make a little more progress. Tomorrow morning I'll be back on the treadmill and doing more pushups after that. I can tell that the pushups are doing some good because it hurts when I laugh. And with all of the Looney Toones that live in my house, I do a lot of laughing. Except this afternoon...Charlotte decided to cause me alot of worry. She was just about asleep in my arms so I went to put her in her crib. I had made it out of her room and shut the door, walked across the hall and she started crying and then I heard a thunk and even louder crying. She had decided she no longer wanted to be in that crib and flung herself out of it. I ran in there to find her sitting on the floor with a bump on her forehead that was getting bigger and bigger. It ended up to be about the size of half a walnut. I called the doctor to ask whether I should bring her there or to the hospital or just give her tylenol. The nurse talked to him and said that as long as she was not vomiting or acting disoriented she would be fine and to give her some tylenol. So I gave her some of that and she was back to her happy self.I had also given her one of Sophie's frozen teething rings to put on it but she just wanted to chew on it. She ended up falling asleep on me in the chair a while later. And now the bump isn't so bad, but there is a good size purple bruise there. I don't know who cried more, me or her. It's not the first time she's done this. About 3 or 4 months ago she managed to get out and landed pretty hard. We are getting a set of bunk beds at the end of the month so we are going to try getting her to sleep in a big girl bed and see how that goes. I was nervous putting her in the bed tonight, but with Leslie in there, she didn't seem to mind. I put some blankets down on the floor by her crib just in case. I ended up with a bit of a black eye myself yesterday after bumping heads with Sophie. We were on the bed and she was trying her best to get to the edge and I kind of dived over in front of her so she couldn't fall off and at the same moment she stopped and leaned back and my eyebrow connected with her hard head. She doesn't have a mark on her and I have a big purple bruise. So we are quite the interesting looking family at the moment. Tonight Michael went to college station, to the George Bush library, where there was an astronaut from one of the SkyLab missions talking about some stuff. And he was signing autographs too. I got Michael to take his camera along so maybe he could get a picture with him.
I'm pretty tired now. Typing all of that stuff that went on today wore me out. I'm going to go try to get in the bed an stay warm since it's going to be super cold tonight.
Here's my lovely meals for today:
*special k yogurt and fruit cereal ( I have decided this cereal is better than cap'n crunch!!)
*1 bottle of water
*2 cups of coffee with splenda and lots of cream
*pretzels
*3 thin vanilla cookies
*meatball wrap(my own invention:wheat tortilla, 6 meatballs, bbq sauce, a little cheese..mmm)
*2 tacos: wheat tortilla, lean ground beef, taco seasoning, little bit of cheese
*cup of peppermint tea with splenda

1 comment:

cari allen said...

Congratulations! It's working! Doesn't it make you feeel better, knowing all of the pain you're putting yourself through, is doing something?

Poor little Charolette! Why do babies do that? I wonder if they think about it at all? Like, Hhhmmm, the floor is x feet away, and I'm x feet tall, if I go for it, will I make it, or smash myself?

Can you send me a form, so I can order some cookies?