Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Monday!

I saw the movie Bedtime Stories tonight and it was fantastic. And not just because Adam Sandler was in the movie. It was a very cute movie and I think Leslie will enjoy it a lot. I got to go into town by myself tonight! I just needed a tiny break from being home all the time. I went to Hastings and spent my giftcard from christmas. I got the new Buckcherry cd and a Dr Phil weightloss book. I bet those two things get bought together all the time.
This morning I had the most wonderful smoothie. I haven't made my own smoothies in forever, but I came across a recipe last night in Self magazine that I had to try out. It is a chocolate and banana smoothie. It takes 2 cups of milk, a frozen banana, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and some choc syrup...i think about 2tbsp of it. Blend it and voila! You have the most delicious and filling drink. I was full after I drank that. Charlotte tried it with me and liked it at first but then handed me her cup back and made a face that let me know that it was icky. And today I broke out the pilates dvd. I haven't done it in a long time and it's a little on the painful side. Leslie even tried out some of the exercises with me. What a good sport.

*excellent choc/banana smoothie
*delicious ham and cheese sandwich on sourdough bread
*small apple
*2 bottles of water
*diet pepsi
*chicken teriyaki flatbread sandwhich from subway that I snuck into the movie theater!

Tonight while i'm typing this, I have some company. Our kitty is sitting on the desk with me. This is a rare occurance since i'm horribly allergic to cats. But through the miracle of Zyrtec, he's hanging out with me today. I was so relieved when Zyrtec became an over the counter medicine. I love cats and it breaks my heart that I can't let me sleep in my lap or be in the house all the time like everybody else I know with cats. If I haven't taken any medicine, I can barely stand to be in a house that has inside cats. I don't know what did it to me. I was fine with cats until I was about 16 and it went downhill from there. I tried to tell myself that it didn't include kittens, but I found out the hard way that they are on the list too. I try to make the medicine last so I only take a couple of times a week. The other days I have to just let the kids play with the kitty. I know poor Gato (yes, out cat is named Cat) doesn't understand why I only play with him every now and then. He's so good with the kids though. Leslie is scared of him a little. More just scared of his claws and what they might do. Charlotte thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. And little Sophie just wants to yank on his fur. He has been very patient with the kids up to a point. He finally decided Charlotte should know better and has given her a couple of warning pats when she has cornered him or pulled his tail.
Starting to get sleepy already! Maybe tonight i'll get a little more sleep. Sophie sleeping so good saturday night was just a fluke it turns out.

No comments: