Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Getting better

I'm taking the day off from exercising! I have been to the gym three days in a row and I'm worn out. I am in a pretty happy place at the moment though. I weighed in yesterday and I am have lost 7lbs so far! I was hoping to lose a little more after three weeks, but I will take what I can get. They post the names and percentages of the contestants at the gym every week. I am not at the top of the list, but I am not at the bottom either. Over the last couple of weeks a couple of things have happened that really make me aware of my weight and how badly I need to lose a lot of it. One was seeing Leslie try on a tshirt of mine that doesn't fit me. It is a 3X and is really tight. She wanted to wear it to sleep in and when she came out wearing it, I found myself speechless. It was enormous on her. All three of my kids could have easily fit into it and had some room left over. The other thing that really let me know that I was so out of shape was having to chase after Sophie when she ran off from the splashpad the other day. We have been there a couple of times and the kids are usually good and stay right in the area with the water. I went there with my mom, charlotte and Sophie. It was a little crowded but not too bad. We were there about two minutes and I noticed Sophie walking on the sidewalk off to the side of the area. I got up to walk towards her and she just took off down the sidewalk. Once she knew I was after her, she ran even faster and laughed like it was the greatest fun in the world. By this point I am in a dead run and not even close to catching her. She made it all the way down the sidewalk where it turns right before it gets to the street and just followed the corner. Then she ran back towards me in the parking lot. I finally managed to catch her there and let her know that she was not supposed to do that. She just laughed and tried to get down and run some more. No amount of reasoning or disciplining works with her sometimes. She just doesn't understand that she is doing anything wrong. She just thinks we are playing a game when I am chasing her and she is way in front of me.

No comments: