Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School


Yesterday was my daughter's first day of first grade! I am starting to feel a little old. It seemed like just yesterday she was geeking out over Elmo and here it is already time for first grade. I did good and didn't cry when she left for school. Mainly because the other two who are still at home were either crying or drooling on me. I couldn't be prouder of her. She amazes me with the vocabulary that she has picked up and she really seems to love school. I think most kids do at that age though. I enjoyed it, until jr high came along. High school was a little better.

Today, I get to busy myself with packing for my trip this week. I am driving to Alabama with my mom and the two babies. Sounds a little crazy, but I'm going to make it work. We are heading over there for a family wedding that is actually in TN but we will be staying in the northern part of AL near some more family. I'm excited because these days I really don't get out of the house for more than a trip to the grocery store and that is almost never by myself. Even though this won't be by myself, it will be a nice change of scenery. And I get to see my brother also. I get to see him about twice a year now which is a lot more than when I was younger. He's living in Colorado now. I wouldn't mind going up there to visit. I'm all about cold weather. so sometime in the middle of January would suit me just fine.

I'm thinking about taking up a project that will give me a good reason to get out of the house. My daughter's daisy girl scout troop needs a co-leader and I have quite a bit of girl scout experience so I think I would enjoy that. And that would let Leslie have a little bit more mom time without the the littles.(that's my name for charlotte and sophie) And Leslie will be able to sell chocolate/nuts this fall and cookies in the spring. Expect order forms to be coming your way!

Gonna go see about getting a little bit more sleep. I'm having issues with that lately.

No comments: